UMBC economics major Juan Collazos discusses the challenges associated with collecting economic data on relations between China and nations in Sub-Saharan Africa, such as figures on foreign direct investment. Collazos is a Sondheim Public Affairs Scholar and McNair Scholar at UMBC. He will present the research project “Digging Deeper: Sino-Sub-Saharan African Economic Relations” at an URCAD poster session, 10:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. in the UC Ballroom.
Undergraduate Research and Creative Achievement Day (URCAD) takes place at UMBC on Wednesday, April 25. Get the full schedule of events on the official URCAD page at umbc.edu/urcad.
- As @Harvard launches #CaseforCollege, read @UMBC Pres. Hrabowski's take on how colleges prepare people for life bsun.md/10rspnz 1 day ago
- UMBC prof Joan Kang Shin to present on teaching English to young learners @NatGeo Learning + @CengageLearning Conf bit.ly/1ropQsL 1 day ago
- Breaking news: UMBC launches @nih-funded holistic student support initiative for high-potential STEM students bit.ly/1wkZXOJ 3 days ago
- Hear UMBC compsci PhD Patti Ordóñez on "When Women Stopped Coding" @planetmoney n.pr/1t4Vv77. More on Patti bit.ly/1wodW5w 3 days ago
- Miss the opening of our Performing Arts & Humanities Bldg? Take a tour with this @ULIBaltimore WaveMaker Awards video bit.ly/1yVEOy9 4 days ago
Are you presenting at URCAD? Want to spread the word about a friend's project or offer encouragement to our student researchers? Join in the conversation on Twitter using #URCAD12 .