UMBC economics major Juan Collazos discusses the challenges associated with collecting economic data on relations between China and nations in Sub-Saharan Africa, such as figures on foreign direct investment. Collazos is a Sondheim Public Affairs Scholar and McNair Scholar at UMBC. He will present the research project “Digging Deeper: Sino-Sub-Saharan African Economic Relations” at an URCAD poster session, 10:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. in the UC Ballroom.
Undergraduate Research and Creative Achievement Day (URCAD) takes place at UMBC on Wednesday, April 25. Get the full schedule of events on the official URCAD page at umbc.edu/urcad.
- UMBC prof Bob Provine explores the science behind yawning as a "curious behavior" in @NewYorker nyr.kr/1p6SzpI 13 hours ago
- Ellen Handler Spitz writes @city_paper op-ed on value of reading aloud to a child for #nationallibraryweek bit.ly/1nuctGJ #library 14 hours ago
- RT @UMBCalumni: Know an outstanding @UMBC alum? Nominate them for the 2014 Alumni Awards! bit.ly/AAtweet 1 day ago
- Love this @UMBCalumni #tbt photo! RT @nieceyreesey Found my old dance team uniform this morning.... great memories!!! http://t.co/bpk0t2Qf1W 1 day ago
- UMBC's Musgrove writes @washingtonpost op-ed reflecting on the history of Washington D.C.'s shadow delegation wapo.st/1m51Lc0 3 days ago
Are you presenting at URCAD? Want to spread the word about a friend's project or offer encouragement to our student researchers? Join in the conversation on Twitter using #URCAD12 .