UMBC economics major Juan Collazos discusses the challenges associated with collecting economic data on relations between China and nations in Sub-Saharan Africa, such as figures on foreign direct investment. Collazos is a Sondheim Public Affairs Scholar and McNair Scholar at UMBC. He will present the research project “Digging Deeper: Sino-Sub-Saharan African Economic Relations” at an URCAD poster session, 10:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. in the UC Ballroom.
Undergraduate Research and Creative Achievement Day (URCAD) takes place at UMBC on Wednesday, April 25. Get the full schedule of events on the official URCAD page at umbc.edu/urcad.
- Power restored. Campus events to resume beginning 4pm. Classes and exams remain cancelled for today. bit.ly/1xKplka 1 day ago
- @shore_korean Power has been restored. 1 day ago
- @BACON_69 Hi Michael: classes are cancelled full day. 4pm anticipated reopening is for events only. 1 day ago
- @shore_korean Chase, full campus is impacted but generators keeping True Grit dining open, as well limited dining services in Commons. 1 day ago
- BG&E temporarily shutting power to campus starting 10:45 am. Classes cancelled. Campus closed. Reopening for events at 4 pm. 1 day ago
Are you presenting at URCAD? Want to spread the word about a friend's project or offer encouragement to our student researchers? Join in the conversation on Twitter using #URCAD12 .