UMBC economics major Juan Collazos discusses the challenges associated with collecting economic data on relations between China and nations in Sub-Saharan Africa, such as figures on foreign direct investment. Collazos is a Sondheim Public Affairs Scholar and McNair Scholar at UMBC. He will present the research project “Digging Deeper: Sino-Sub-Saharan African Economic Relations” at an URCAD poster session, 10:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. in the UC Ballroom.
Undergraduate Research and Creative Achievement Day (URCAD) takes place at UMBC on Wednesday, April 25. Get the full schedule of events on the official URCAD page at umbc.edu/urcad.
- UMBC's Karuna Joshi @ConversationUS on the potential impacts + limitations of safeguards designed to protect data bit.ly/1SNFkGx 2 days ago
- Karuna Joshi comments on Panama Papers in @ConversationEDU. Says data leaks from insiders are difficult to prevent bit.ly/1SNFkGx 2 days ago
- Engaging people in politics w/ conversation on #HarryPotter —Taisha Gainor's #URCAD research bit.ly/24plGpx https://t.co/Ld8gO9qsDI 2 days ago
- “When you’re motivated, your work will be that much better”—Rebekah Ashford, studying how ribosomes are put together bit.ly/24plGpx 2 days ago
- “Working in Dr. Pelton’s lab was the best part of my college career" -James Loy, heading to a physics PhD @Princeton bit.ly/24plGpx 2 days ago
Are you presenting at URCAD? Want to spread the word about a friend's project or offer encouragement to our student researchers? Join in the conversation on Twitter using #URCAD12 .